Thursday, December 13, 2007

oh no!

it looks like the database crashed again. sami told me that he was thinking he might change the platform of the nofxwiki server because mysql is unstable. my genius ass roommate says we can stabilize it on the new server. he's running a site on a mysql-based server from sago that gets 2 million pageviews vs. nofxwiki's 75-200 thousand pageviews per month (depending on album releases or boring month.) feel free to use the comments section in place of the board, and if a new post is needed (comment string is too long) let me know. if anyone else with a google account (gmail account works) wants posting access, drop me a line and i'll add you.

7 comments:

beachwoodflea said...

someone tell sami to switch over to that server then. that shit is crashing more often than CHINESE GRANDMOTHERS

punkrandy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
punkrandy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
punkrandy said...

mysql in general isn´t unstable. but sami sql server is an even bigger black hole than brennans mom

Anonymous said...

ahhh, I can't wait for this thing to get started. These break down days make me sad.

Unknown said...

What really miffs me is that the Wiki goes down right as we get huge news. Hope all is well for you Guy!

sjs said...

I could spend my time tweaking MySQL so that it's stable, but I may as well switch to (what I feel is) the superior database that I've been looking for an excuse to try in a production environment.